If you are new to SEO and how it works, chances are that you’ve heard of the term “link building” and wondered what it meant. Before we look at what link building is and how important it is to the well being and visibility of a given website, it’s important that we get a sneak peek into how seo works and the techniques used to rank a given website highly. Ranking a site is the concern of many a business. Ideally, the direct correlation between traffic and sales seems to have spurred many businesses to invest heavily in seo initiatives.
Basically, seo works by making use of great content that is laced with great keywords, link building, internet marketing, and unique website designs among many others. Simply put, great content plays a very central role in making ones site visible and to be ranked highly on search engines. However, let us not kid ourselves. Any search engine optimisation campaign cannot be successful without the use of effective link building strategies. While we agree that use of keyword rich quality content plays an important role in improving your sites ranking, the role that link building plays cannot be underscored.
Having said that, link building refers to a process through which a site uses or creates back links with the sole intent of getting better rankings on search engines. The general feeling is that the more authoritative back links a site has, the higher it appears on search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo. If you have been wondering why link building is important in your seo campaigns, fasten your seat belt and read on.
- Awareness: link building serves to create awareness for your site as your content is more likely to be seen by audience from referring websites or social media.
- Visibility: your site gets increased visibility especially when writers and even readers link or share your article hence making it visible on many platforms.
- Recognition: Your site stands to enjoy great recognition which essentially means that you enjoy social media shares that wondrously market your article and website to a larger audience.
- Credibility: Link building makes your site credible especially when readers get a good experience. Google is more particular about sites that provide a great reader experience and therefore tend to rank them higher.
- Traffic: Link building ensures increased traffic, recognition and ultimately increased sales
- Informative Content: With link building, you get more information to your target and expected audience which means that your site stands at a vintage point hence giving you a competitive edge.
In as much as link building is a cumbersome and tiresome, it’s essential that businesses and site owners find a way through which they can build quality links. Of course, this might be difficult at times especially if you do not understand how link building works. In this regard, you need to contact a reliable and industry leader in link building such as Rank It Up to spur your business to growth. It’s all about taking the first step, sitting back and enjoying the fruits of your success!